Trauma is not specific to any population.
Everyone deserves healing and relief.
First Responders -- The Duty and the Risk
First responders are our first line of protection. They are here to keep us safe, whether it be from a car accident, an assault, a grass fire, or a terrorist attack.
They keep order or help restore order when chaos breaks out.
First Responders make it their life's work to encounter some of the most extreme and heart-breaking situations that can be experienced.
Sometimes, those experiences stay with them.
It only makes sense to take care of the men and women that take care of us so that they can continue with their crucial work.
First Responders experience Post Traumatic Stress Disorder at twice the rate of the average population. The average population doesn't always see what they see.
- Substance abuse
- Marriage and family problems
- Uncontrolled emotions
- Sleep disorders
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Significantly higher risk of suicide
The First Responder is at risk for all of these and more.
Click Here to Learn More About PTSD and Trauma-Related Stress
We Can Help
Research has shown repeatedly that counseling services and supportive communities with resources available to first responders make a huge difference in their well-being, their families, and their continued work.
A counselor who works with first responders:
- needs to be extensively trained in empirically proven methods for alleviating trauma
- needs to have years of experience in working with first responders, organizations, and departments
- needs to be able to listen, understand, and support in difficult and crisis situations
A supportive community:
- provides opportunities to learn about coping strategies and facilitates communication
- has a supportive network of peers who are available to each other
- provides professional counseling resources to workers and their families when needed to process critical events or other situations.
We provide services to all:
- Probationary to chief
- Individual to family
- Active-duty to retired
The Training and Experience
We work with several California departments and organizations providing service and support. We have been there on the front lines working with you.
We get it, and we use these skills to provide unique services that you won't get anywhere else.
Community Outreach and Education
Conference and CE Presentations